Do I need to remove the batteries from UPS power supplies?
We accept UPS power supplies with or without batteries. You can leave them in the unit if you wish. If you can remove the batteries safely, Batteries + Bulb recycles all types of batteries and they may be more convenient.
Is there a size limitation for the motors sent to you for recycling?
We do not have a size limitation on the motor.
Do you pay for large motors given to you for recycling?
We do not pay for large motors. We understand that the motor has a large copper winding in it and thus has some value, but we do not pay for them.
What is the best way to recycle bulbs?
Please see the references below on the various bulb types.
- Fluorescent, CFL and other mercury containing bulbs – Home Depot and Lowes will accept CFL and fluorescent bulbs for recycling.
- Fluorescent tubes (4 foot long) – City of Phoenix Household Hazardous Waste collection events or Transfer Stations. Other municipal locations may offer the same thing.
- Incandescent – these can be disposed of in your trash.
- LED bulbs – Home Depot and Lowes will accept LED bulbs for recycling.
- Electric Motors
- Power Supplies
- UPS Power Supplies
Accepted with Prior Written Agreement
- Exit Signs
- Fluorescent Light Ballasts (Non-PCB)
- Large Appliances or Items Containing Freon
- Medical Equipment
- Older Transformers and Capacitors